Banco de España has a Single General Register System (Central Register, Auxiliary Registers and Electronic Register) for the receipt, delivery and entry of request, document and notification submission or delivery that must be registered.
The Central Register in Madrid and the Auxiliary Registers at the branch offices comprise the physical registers, and the Electronic Register, which is part of the Virtual Office, enables requests to be submitted online. The physical register offices and the Electronic Register are functionally subordinate to the General Secretariat.
The duties of the Single General Register are:
- To receive requests, documents and notifications addressed to the Banco de España and to send requests, documents and notifications addressed by any Banco de España body, unit or service to other bodies, institutions or private individuals. Requests, documents and notifications corresponding to the procedures and services overseen by Banco de España that can be processed electronically are available in Appendix I of the creation agreement or its most recent version published in the Virtual Office.
- To note entry and departure records of the requests, documents and notifications.
- To issue receipts, at the time of presentation of the requests, documents and notifications, which accredit the entry of the same in the physical Registers and the Electronic Register.
- To stamp the copies of original documents when the regulatory norms of a procedure of administrative action require these to be provided, as long as the individual provides the original documents and copies of the same together with the requests, documents and notifications that they present in the physical registers.
- To issue certified or collated copies of original documents, when the regulatory norms of a procedure of administrative action require these to be provided, as long as the individual provides the original documents and copies of the same together with the requests, documents and notifications that they present in the physical registers.
- To provide proof and certification in cases of litigation, discrepancies or questions regarding the receipt or delivery of requests, documents and notifications.
Communications and notifications
Comunications and notifications remitted by Banco de España must be sent and place at recipients’s disposal under conditions established in Law 39/2015 of October 1, of the Common Administrative Procedure of the Public Administrations.
For further information about communications and notifications send by Banco de España, click here.