The current director general of the Directorate General Operations, Markets and Payment Systems is Juan Ayuso and associate directorate general Payments and Market Infrastructures is Carlos A. Conesa
- Financial Innovation and Market InfrastructuresDirector: (Vacant)
- Payment Systems Director: Carlos A. Sanz
- Financial Risks Director: Luis González Mosquera
- Operations Director: Emiliano González Mota Deputy Director: (Vacant)
The Directorate General Operations, Markets and Payment Systems is responsible for:
- Implementing the operations of the Banco de España in its capacity as a central bank and member of the Eurosystem.
- Managing the gold, foreign exchange reserves and euro-denominated financial assets owned by the Banco de España.
- Measuring, assessing and managing the financial risks arising from the implementation of monetary policy and the management of the Banco de España’s financial assets.
- Providing financial services for government debt.
- Providing payment services and other banking operations to the Treasury and to other public-sector entities.
- Promoting and overseeing the proper functioning of payment systems and instruments.
- Providing, managing and maintaining market infrastructures within the framework of the Eurosystem.
- The monitoring and analysis of financial market innovations.
- Performing continuous supervision of compliance with the specific rules and regulations for payment institutions, account information service providers and electronic money institutions, except in respect of solvency, market conduct, banking transparency and customer protection, and supervising the other institutions supervised by the Banco de España, in matters relating to the provision of payment services, submitting to the Banco de España’s bodies the pertinent reports and proposals, including those concerning the adoption of preventive, disciplinary or precautionary measures.
- Contributing to defining the Banco de Espana’s supervisory policy, in coordination with other areas of the Bank and in collaboration with national and international bodies and fora, and preparing supervisory reports and proposals affecting the institutions supervised by the Banco de España, in relation to the provision of payment services, except in matters pertaining to market conduct, banking transparency and customer protection