The Association of Supervisors of Banks of the Americas (ASBA) is composed by the banking supervisors of North, Central and South America and Spain. Its goals are:
- The development, dissemination and promotion of supervisory practices in line with the international standards in the field.
- The development of supervisory capabilities and resources through the provision of effective training and technical assistance activities.
In order to achieve these objectives, ASBA works in several fields:
- Promotes the implementation of regulatory and supervisory frameworks conform to international standards of good practices.
- Gives support to its members for the development of supervisory resources, so they may achieve their mission in a dynamic environment.
- Sponsors a working network that fosters ASBA's recognition in the international supervisory and regulatory field.
ASBA has its main office in México D.F.
Banco de España is an Associate Member of ASBA.