The current director general of the Directorate General Financial Stability, Regulation and Resolution is Ángel Estrada.
- Financial Stability and Macroprudential PolicyDirector: Carlos Pérez Montes
- Financial Reporting and Central Credit Register (CCR) Director: Carmen García Panadés Deputy Director: (Vacant)
- Regulation Director: Daniel Pérez Cid
- Bank Resolution Director: Miguel Alexander Kruse
The Directorate General Financial Stability, Regulation and Resolution is responsible for:
- Analysing and monitoring financial stability, also with regard to the Financial Stability Board. It is also responsible for the drafting of the Financial Stability Report of the Banco de España.
- Analysing and formulating macroprudential policy proposals, interacting as necessary with the European Central Bank and the European Systemic Risk Board.
- Drafting reports and proposals relating to rules on the regulation and disciplining of institutions subject to Banco de España supervision, in coordination with the Directorate General affected by the matter in question, and processing external enquiries with regard to the interpretation and application of such rules, except in matters pertaining to banking accounting, market conduct, banking transparency and customer protection.
- Contributing to defining regulatory policy on technical and economic aspects in the framework of the Financial Stability Board, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and the European Banking Authority. To this end, it coordinates with other areas of the Bank, in particular the Directorate General Banking Supervision, and it submits the pertinent reports and proposals to the governing bodies of the Bank.
- Carrying out all resolution functions assigned by legislation to the Banco de España in the framework of the Single Resolution Mechanism.
- Preparing, in coordination with the Directorate General affected by the matter in question, draft rules and regulations on the information that must be periodically submitted to the Banco de España by institutions subject to its supervision or to that of the Single Supervisory Mechanism.
- The receipt, quality control, custody and, where applicable, dissemination of the periodic information that must be submitted to the Banco de España by institutions subject to its supervision or to that of the Single Supervisory Mechanism, and of the periodic information to be submitted in connection with the Eurosystem.
- Management of the Banco de España Central Credit Register and supervision of compliance with its rules and regulations, submitting to the Banco de España’s bodies the pertinent reports and proposals, including those concerning the adoption of preventive, disciplinary or precautionary measures.