Banco de España has established a series of rules of conduct and behavioural guidelines that must be complied with by all high-ranking officials and employees in the performance of their duties. In particular, these rules regulate the following aspects, among others:
- Regime of incompatibilities and constraints
- Conflicts of interest and the duty to abstain
- Restrictions to the carrying out of private financial transactions
- Prohibition of use of insider trading and obligation of secrecy
- Policy for accepting gifts, invitations or benefits
The rules applicable to the high-ranking officials of Banco de España are set out in the Law of Autonomy of the Banco de España, in the Internal Rules of the Banco de España and in the Code of Conduct of the Governing Bodies of the Banco de España (264 KB).
The rules applicable to the employees of Banco de España are set out in the Code of Conduct for Banco de España staff members (237 KB) (only available in Spanish).