- SSM Coordination and Supervisory StrategyDirector: Xavier Torres
Deputy Director: José Miguel del Río
- LSIs and other Institutions outside the SSM Director: Javier del Río Deputy Director: Isabel Bueno
- Significant Institutions I Director: José Antonio Gracia Deputy Director: Sonsoles Eirea
- Significant Institutions II Director: Antonio Morillo Deputy Director: Luis F. Díez
- Horizontal Functions Director: Susana Camiñas Deputy Director: Ignacio Marín
- Inspections, Internal Models and AML Director: Bárbara OlivaresDeputy Director: Julio Hernáez
The Directorate General Banking Supervision is responsible for:
- Supervising, as part of the Single Supervisory Mechanism, the solvency of credit institutions and the other financial institutions and markets subject to Banco de España supervision, and their compliance with the specific regulatory and disciplinary rules governing them. To this end, it is responsible for carrying out the ongoing supervision of supervised institutions and their groups and of those of their shareholders, directors and managers, through analysis of the information available and through inspection visits.
- Formulating the necessary proposals for the adoption of preventive, disciplinary and cautionary measures in respect of the above-mentioned institutions, groups and individuals.
- In coordination with other areas of the Banco de Espana (in particular the Directorate General Financial Stability, Regulation and Resolution), contributing to the definition of the Bank’s supervisory policy in the national and international spheres – except in respect of the functioning of payment systems and instruments, the provision of payment services, market conduct, banking transparency and customer protection – and submitting the pertinent reports and proposals to the governing bodies of the Bank.
- Reporting, and proposing resolution where appropriate, on requests by credit institutions and other financial agents which the Banco de España has to assess or authorise, in the areas entrusted to this Directorate General.
- Drawing up draft accounting standards for credit institutions and other supervised institutions, and resolving enquiries in this connection.