- Branch OfficesDirector: Manuela SebastiánDeputy Director: Juan Gómez González
- CashDirector: Mª José Fernández LupiáñezDeputy Director: Beatriz García Bardera
- Institutions’ ConductDirector: Fernando Tejada Deputy Director: Mª Cristina Menéndez de Luarca
The Directorate General Financial Conduct and Banknotes is responsible for:
- Supervisory functions, supervisory and regulatory policy, handling enquiries, preparing reports and proposals relating to the drawing up of general provisions that affect the institutions supervised by the Banco de España in relation to market conduct, banking transparency and customer protection, submitting to the relevant bodies of the Banco de España the appropriate reports and proposals, including those for the adoption of preventive, disciplinary or cautionary measures.
- The resolution of enquiries, complaints and claims submitted by banking service users about the conduct of the institutions subject to supervision, in relation to transparency and customer safeguard regulations, and to best banking practices and uses.
- Controlling the full process of euro banknote production corresponding to the Banco de España, entrusted to the special-purpose entity “Imprenta de Billetes, S.A. Medio Propio del Banco de España (IMBISA)”, including the coordination and control of the company.
- Promoting the sound quality and authenticity of the banknotes and coins in circulation, and overseeing and monitoring those involved in the processing and handling of cash.
- Detecting and analysing counterfeit banknotes and coins through the National Analysis Centres for banknotes and coins in coordination with the Eurosystem and the Investigation Brigade of the Banco de España.
- Carrying out certain operations for the general public, such as the exchange of unfit banknotes. Furthermore, providing cash services for general government agencies.
- Managing the Banco de España branch network.