Working at the Banco de España means collaborating in its functions as a national central bank and as a member of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB), contributing, among others, to its work as supervisor of the Spanish banking system alongside the European Central Bank in the framework of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM).
We are proud to contribute with our work to the financial and monetary stability of the country, with public service being an essential value in our day-to-day work.
The Banco de España wants to attract and recruit the best professionals, giving equal opportunities to all candidates and valuing diversity in our teams. Working at the Banco de España means being able to collaborate with and learn from highly qualified professionals, with numerous career development opportunities.
Below you can see the five values that identify us in the performance of our duties, as well as the concepts associated with each value and their meaning in the implementation of our daily work:
- Accountability Obligations
- General interest
What do we offer?
Working at the Banco de España offers multiple opportunities:
- Career development. Numerous training programmes for professional development, important opportunities for internal horizontal mobility and promotion, study grants, coaching and mentoring programmes, among others.
- International career options. Possibility of temporary international stays in other organisations, frequent participation in international working groups, committees, and forums.
- Remuneration package. Includes health insurance, pension plan, life insurance and loans, among others.
- Reconciliation options. Flexible working hours, teleworking and additional leaves.
- Culture and well-being. Regular medical prevention campaigns, sports, and cultural club, back school, subsidised canteen, and preferential access to the library, among others.
- Workspace. Unique environments, historic buildings, and flexible workspaces.