The Banco de España data laboratory (BELab) provides information on the debt of public units belonging to the public sector, materialized in various types of financial instruments.
Through this dataset of information, researchers will have access to granular data that are consistent with the official general government debt statistics that, in aggregated form, are disseminated externally by the Banco de España.
- Data sourceThe data come from the following sources: Central Credit Register, Ministry of Finance and Public Function (MINHAFP), the statement of economic transactions and balances of liabilities abroad (Circular 4/2012, Banco de España), the BEV Database of Securities Issues, and BIV (Integrated Securities Database) of the Statistics Department of the Banco de España, the General Secretariat of the Treasury and Financial Policy and the General Comptroller of the State Administration (IGAE).
- Unit of analysisGeneral Government Debt
- Period2018 - 2022
- Latest data extractionApril 2023
- IdentifierNIF (anonymized) and Transaction code (anonymized)
- Languages availableSpanish and English
- Data producerBanco de España
- User guideGeneral Government Debt Microdata (DSP) (717 KB)
- Sample fileSample_file_DSP (15 KB)
- Possibility of remote accessyes