Tables 19.3 and 19.11 now provide extended information (also changing in numbering) due to the entry into force of Regulation (EU) No 1072/2013 of the ECB
Chapter 19. Interest rates (excluding those published in financial markets chapters)
From this month onwards, the information provided in this chapter on interest rates applied by Monetary Financial Institutions to loan and deposit transactions vis-à-vis households and PNPISHs and non-financial corporations will be reorganised and extended. The reason for these changes is the entry into force of Regulation (EU) No 1072/2013 of the European Central Bank of 24 September 2013 and its subsequent transposition into Spanish law through Circular 1/2010 (amended for these purposes by Circular 5/2014 of 28 November 2014).
As well as reorganising and renumbering the tables, from now on new information will be available on the items below.
- Extended credit card credit. Note that in this case, as in the case of "overdrafts and credit facilities", the amount deemed new business is the total balance outstanding at month-end, irrespective of the time when the credit arises.
- Lending to sole proprietors.
- The ranges of amounts for which information is provided on loans to non-financial corporations are extended.
- Information is included on the interest rates on loans by residual maturity.
- Finally, information is added on renegotiated loans, which are new business that does not represent an increase in the credit available to the private sector (i.e., they are operations which were already on the institution’s balance sheet for which the contractual conditions have changed with the active involvement of the debtor) (see Tables 19.3 and 19.11).