Ángel Estrada Director General Financial Stability, Regulation and Resolution
Place and date of birthLeón, 26 December 1965.
Academic qualifications, distinctions and awards
- Graduate in Economics and Business Studies. Complutense University of Madrid
- Master in Economics and Finance. Center for Monetary and Financial Studies (CEMFI), Madrid.
- 2020 to date
- Director General Financial Stability, Regulation and Resolution. Banco de España. Member and Secretary of the Technical Committee of the Spanish Macroprudential Authority Financial Stability Council (AMCESFI). Member of the Management Committee of the Spanish Deposit Guarantee Fund of Credit Institutions (FGD). Member of the Governing Committee of the FROB. Member of the Board of Supervisors of the European Banking Authority (EBA). Observer in the Single Resolution Board (SRB). Banco de España representative in the General Board of the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB). Banco de España representative in the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS).
- Director of the Financial Stability and Macroprudential Policy Department, Banco de España.
- Executive Coordinator. Associate Directorate General International Affairs, Banco de España.
- Head of the Prudential Impact Analysis Unit, Banco de España.
- Advisor on International Affairs. Associate Directorate General International Affairs, Banco de España.
- Director General Macroeconomic Analysis and International Economy, Ministry of Economy and Finance.
- Head of the Sectoral Analysis and Structural Policies Unit, Banco de España.
- Advisor on Economic Affairs. Presidency of the Spanish Government.
- Head of the Labour Market and Macroeconomic Modelling Unit, Banco de España.
- Visiting Economist. DG Research, European Central Bank.
- Visiting Economist. Inflation Report Office, Bank of England.
- Economist. Conjunctural Analysis and Economic Forecasting Department, Banco de España.