Margarita Delgado Deputy Governor
Place of birthMadrid
- Calle Alcalá, 48, 28014 Madrid
Academic qualifications, distinctions and awards
- Degree in Economics and Business Studies. Madrid Complutense University.
- Management programme. IESE Business School
- Member of the Council and Chair of the Technical Committee of the Macroprudential Authority Financial Stability Board (AMCESFI).
- 2018 to date
- Deputy Governor of the Banco de España. Ex-officio member of the Council of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (Spanish National Securities Market Commission). Chairperson of the Managing Committee of the Fondo de Garantía de Depósitos de Entidades de Crédito (Deposit Guarantee Scheme for Credit Institutions). Vice-Chairperson of the Governing Committee of the Fondo de Reestructuración Ordenada Bancaria (Fund for the Orderly Restructuring of the Banking Sector). Member of the Supervisory Board of the European Central Bank’s Single Supervisory Mechanism. Member of the Board of Trustees and Chair of the Executive Commission of Centro de Estudios Monetarios y Financieros (CEMFI). Member of the Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS). Member of the Committee on the Global Financial System (CGFS) of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
- Deputy Director General of the Single Supervisory Mechanism, DG Micro-Prudential Supervision I, European Central Bank.
- Director of Banking Supervision Department I of the Banco de España.
- Executive Co-ordinator of Banking Supervision Department III of the Banco de España.
- Head of Division of several Supervision Departments within the Directorate General Banking Supervision of the Banco de España.
- Advisor in the Directorate General Banking Supervision’s Cabinet of the Banco de España.
- Team leader, responsible for on-site inspections at the Banco de España.
- Bank examiner, Banco de España.
- Banking technician, Banco de España.
- Assistant lecturer at the Madrid Complutense University.
- Finance Department, CAMPSA.