Tours of the Madrid headquarters
The tour focuses on heritage and is reserved for groups from schools and universities and cultural and non-profit organisations and associations. Under no circumstances will applications from individuals or legal entities that receive any kind of remuneration for the activity be accepted.
The tours are guided and free of charge, require prior booking and are conducted in Spanish. They take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (excluding public holidays), starting at 4 p.m., in groups of a maximum of 30 people.
They may be cancelled up to 12 hours before their scheduled time due to unforeseen needs of the Banco de España with no compensation of any kind.
NOTICE: The schedule of guided tours from October to December 2023 is now open.
If you are a private individual and would like us to include you in a group tour, you can request this by filling in the following form: Tours for private individuals
During the guided tour of the Banco de España headquarters building in Madrid, one of the most iconic buildings of Madrid and of 19th and 20th century Spanish architecture, you will visit the most emblematic areas of the building. These include the Bank's old operating courtyard, an example of 19th century industrial architecture; the imperial staircase, where you can admire the allegories of the stained-glass windows of the Casa Mayer; and the Salón de los Goyas, which houses the collection of portraits that the artist from Fuendetodos painted of various personalities related to the Banco de San Carlos, the forerunner of the Banco de España.
The visit is scheduled to last approximately two hours and includes several flights of stairs, so it is not recommended for people with reduced mobility or those who find it difficult to walk long distances without taking breaks.
At the time of booking, it is essential to indicate the presence, if any, of a person with special needs.
- Access to the building will only be granted to those with prior accreditation (at least one month before the day of the tour).
- All visitors must carry a valid passport or ID card (a photocopy or photograph of the document on a mobile phone will not be accepted) and pass the security checks established for access to the building.
- For reasons of security and heritage conservation, any backpacks, suitcases, briefcases and umbrellas that you bring with you must be deposited in the lockers in the identification and security room (Calle de Los Madrazo, 29).
- Sharp or pointed objects are not permitted. If you have any such objects among your belongings, you must leave them at the security checkpoint. You will be able to collect them at the end of your tour.
- Animals are not allowed in the building, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Failure to comply with the established security measures may be grounds for refusing access to the building and, where appropriate, for requesting you to leave the building.
Rules for the tour
- The minimum age for the tour is 15 years.
- The access card provided by the security staff must be worn in a visible manner.
- You must follow the group and be accompanied by security personnel at all times. You are not allowed to leave the group.
- The works of art are fragile and can be easily damaged. Please do not touch them.
- It is not permitted to take photos or videos inside the building, except for group photographs in the places indicated by the accompanying guide.
- Eating and drinking are forbidden during the tour.
- For the benefit of all visitors, please keep your voice down and keep your mobile phone in "mute mode".
- In the event of an evacuation, please follow the instructions of the Banco de España security staff..