- Processing of cash transactions, deposits of various types, purchase and sale transactions in foreign currency and transactions involving notes and coins, such as exchanges, remittances, or expert reports.
- Compliance with legal obligations related to cash transactions in tax matters (annual information return on deposits, disposals of funds and collections) and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Carrying out the Study on Habits in the Use of Cash (EHUE) and supervision of its quality.
Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller pursuant to:
- (i) Act 10/1975, of 12 March, on the Regulation of Metallic Currency
- (ii) Act 13/1994, of 1 June, on the Autonomy of the Banco de España
- (iii) Act 46/1998, of 17 December, on the introduction of Euro
- (iv) Royal Decree-Law 19/2018, of 23 November, on payment services and other urgent financial measures
- (v) Council Regulation (EC) No 1338/2001 of 28 June 2001 laying down measures necessary for the protection of the euro against counterfeiting
- (vi) Regulation (EU) No 1210/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 December 2010 concerning authentication of euro coins and handling of euro coins unfit for circulation
- Compliance with legal obligations pursuant to:
- (i) Act 58/2003, of 17 December, on General Tax Code
- (ii) Act 10/2010, of 28 April, on the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Consent of the data subject
Categories of data subjects
- Legal representatives
Categories of personal data
- Identification details: Name, surname, ID number, electronic signature, image and/or voice
- Contact details: Postal address, telephone and e-mail
- Academic and professional details: Job position
- Economic and financial details: Transaction of goods and services and information on accounts and other financial products
- Personal characteristics details: Nationality, place and date of birth
Data shall be retained for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected and to allocate any liability arising from said purpose and from the processing of the data.
Security measures provided for in Annex II of Royal Decree 3/2020, of 8 January, which regulates the National Security Scheme in the field of Electronic Administration.
- Spanish Tax Authority
- Courts of Justice
- Other competent public authorities
International transfers of data
Banco de España
Data Protection Officer
Division of Governance and Transparency:
Exercise of rights and complaints