- Processing claims, complaints and queries made by bank customers.
- Checking the quality of the Conduct Department's telephone service by recording the calls made by users.
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller pursuant to:
- (i) Law 44/2002, of 22 November, on Financial System Reform Measures.
- (ii) Law 39/2015 of 1 October on the Common Administrative Procedure for Public Administrations.
- (iii) Law 40/2015, of 1 October, on the Legal Regime of the Public Sector.
- (iv) Law 2/2011, of 4 March, on Sustainable Economy.
- (v) Law 7/2017, of 2 November, which transposes into Spanish law Directive 2013/11/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on the alternative resolution of consumer disputes.
- (vi) Law 13/1994, of 1 June, on the Autonomy of Banco de España.
Categories of data subjects
- Legal representatives of legal entities
Categories of personal data
- Identification data: Name, surname, ID number and signature.
- Contact data: Phone number, e-mail, postal address.
- Professional and academic data: Professional position in case of legal representation.
- Economic data: Bank accounts information, transactions and financial information.
- Personal characteristics data: Nationality and voice.
Personal data shall be retained for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected and to allocate any liability arising from said purpose and from the processing of the data.
Security measures provided for in Annex II of Royal Decree 3/2020, of 8 January, which regulates the National Security Scheme in the field of Electronic Administration.
- Credit institutions
- Appraisal companies
- Other financial institutions
- Spanish stock exchange commission (CNMV)
- Spanish insurance supervisor (DGSFP)
- Spanish ombudsman
- Spanish data protection supervisor (AEPD)
- Courts of Justice
- Other competent public authorities
International transfer of data
Banco de España
Data Protection Officer
Division of Governance and Transparency
Exercise of rights and complaints