Carles Manera Erbina Council Member
Place and date of birthPalma de Mallorca, 29 June 1957
Academic qualifications, distinctions and awards
- PhD in Economics from Barcelona University.
- PhD in History from the University of the Balearic Islands. Graduate Award for Excellence. PhD Award for Excellence.
- “Premio Catalunya” for Economics.
- Miquel dels Sants Oliver Social Sciences Research Award.
- “Ciudad de Palma” Award for Research.
- 2020 to date
- Member of the Banco de España Audit Committee. Council Member of the Banco de España.
- 2000 to date
- Professor of History and Economic Institutions, Department of Applied Economics, University of the Balearic Islands.
- President of the Economic and Social Council of the Balearic Islands.
- Visiting Professor at Gdansk University of Technology (Gdansk, Poland).
- Visiting Professor at Barcelona University.
- Minister for the Economy, Finance and Innovation of the Regional Government of the Balearic Islands.
- Vice Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Planning at the University of the Balearic Islands.
- Assistant Lecturer and Tenured Lecturer, University of the Balearic Islands.
Specialist research and publications
- Six 6-year periods of research (one on knowledge transfer), Commission no. 8 of the CNEAI.
- Head researcher on seven competitive projects, following public tenders.
- Head researcher on 11 projects on knowledge transfer, institutions and business.
- Senior researcher on four R&D competitive projects at various Spanish universities.
- Director of eight completed, and five ongoing, doctoral theses.
- Visiting researcher at the European University Institute (Fiésole-Florence).
- Visiting researcher at The New School for Social Research (New York).
- Visiting researcher at the London School of Economics.
- Author of 10 books and 195 specialist studies on Economics and Economic History, published in national and international journals (with JCR and Scopus, Review of Keynesian Economics, Journal of Postkeynesian Economics, World Economics Journal, Journal of Economic History, Sustainability, Economic History Research, European Journal of Comparative Economics, Journal of Economics and Finance, Économies et Sociétés, Economia Marche, Papeles de Economía Española, Mediterráneo Económico, Cuadernos de Turismo, among others).